Video: 14 Arrested During DeLand-Area Drug Warrant Roundup/Narcotics Operation
Date Added: June 02, 2022 11:31 am
Office of Public Affairs & Media Relations
14 ARRESTED DURING DELAND-AREA DRUG WARRANT ROUNDUP/NARCOTICS OPERATION
A drug warrant roundup and narcotics operation resulted in several arrests Wednesday in and around DeLand’s Spring Hill area.
The day’s arrests included 6 wanted subjects with warrants from previous narcotics investigations, plus 4 more defendants who were already in custody on other charges. An additional arrest was made when a man tried to leave the area of the operation and was spotted tossing bags containing crack cocaine and heroin.
Following the warrant roundup, 3 more people were arrested during a reverse narcotics sales operation in an area commonly used as an open-air drug market around the Friendly Way Food Store at West Beresford and South Florida avenues. Those brought the final tally to 14 arrests.
Evidence seized Wednesday included:
6.9 grams crack cocaine
5.4 grams heroin/fentanyl
14.1 grams MDMA
4.2 grams methamphetamine
11.2 grams cannabis
Arrested on outstanding warrants were:
- Andra Williams (DOB 10/5/1990): Possession of heroin with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a park, possession of a Schedule IV substance (total bond $27,500)
- Lavonia White (DOB 10/5/1966): Sale of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of crack cocaine with intent to sell (total bond $27,500)
- JC Taylor (DOB 12/17/1943): Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park (total bond $25,000)
- Timothy Harris (DOB 6/29/1992): Possession of MDMA with intent to sell, sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park, possession of <20g cannabis (total bond $28,000)
- Brian Douglas (DOB 2/4/1992): Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a church/business (2 counts), possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell, possession of <20g cannabis, resisting without violence (total bond $54,500)
- John Muddiman (DOB 12/31/1969): Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park (bond $25,000), violation of probation (2 counts, no bond)
Also arrested during the operation:
- Kelvin Bennett (DOB 11/22/1971): Possession of cocaine and heroin (total bond $10,000)
Already in custody and served with their arrest warrants Wednesday were:
- Corry Robinson (DOB 11/28/1983): Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park, possession of heroin with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a park (held without bond on prior violation of probation and $500,000 blanket bond on charges including armed trafficking in meth, heroin, and cocaine, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, child neglect and more)
- Derrick Soloman (DOB 11/21/1994): Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park (held without bond on prior charges including possession of cocaine with intent to sell and child neglect)
- Dajah Heron (DOB 10/30/1995): Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park ($25,000 bond, held on $136,000 additional bond on prior charges including trafficking in fentanyl)
- Billy Jackson (DOB 4/1/1970): Sale of methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a park ($25,000 bond, held on $50,500 additional bond on prior charges including possession of fentanyl, meth and cocaine with intent to sell)
Arrested during the reverse narcotics operation were:
- Kim Kugler (DOB 2/29/1964): Attempted purchase of cocaine, possession of a Schedule IV substance (total bond $5,000)
- Andy Otero (DOB 3/18/1970): Attempted purchase of cocaine (total bond $2,500)
- James Poole (DOB 4/10/1979): Attempted purchase of cocaine, possession of fentanyl (total bond $5,000)
The operation was a joint effort involving members of the Volusia Sheriff’s Office and DeLand Police Department along with the East and West Volusia Narcotics Task Forces, Deltona Narcotics Enforcement Team and VSO Crime Suppression Teams.
Further investigation will continue, with similar operations occurring in the future.